Monday, December 29, 2008

Movies

Last Saturday I went to the dollar movies and saw Nights in Rodanthe. It was not at all like the book. I kept waiting for the best parts of the book to be depicted in the movie - but it never happened. I guess everything that can be written in a 200 page book will not fit in a 2 hour movie. Oh well.

To balance that experience, I went back to the dollar movies yesterday and saw Beverly Hills Chihuahua. I thought it would be funny. It did have elements of humor, but did not provide the laughs I had hoped. There was, however, a cartoon before the movie. It was a Goofy classic that I really enjoyed.

Movies have gotten much better through the years - better technology has allowed that. But the cost has become prohibitive for an evening of entertainment. I am thankful to see the movies a little later for only a buck.

1 comment:

Bon Don said...

I love going to our dollar theater! I hardly ever get around to going to see the movies I want when they come out, so it works out perfect!