Sunday, November 30, 2008

Lazy Day

In comparison to that "sunny day" that is often sung about, I am having a lazy day.

I have still not gotten dressed yet today. I did put on flip-flops and a snuggly robe though. It gets cold at my computer.

Not sure of the reason for this lazy day. It could be a couple of things:

1. Depression: After the post I made last about the break-up, I suppose I may be having a delayed reaction depression now that some of the anger has subsided. Added to the fact that I don't usually take prozac on weekends, this could get serious.

2. Boredom: Despite the fact that I work a full-time job, attend law school part-time, have two kids still at home, sit on the Board of Directors for two state professional organizations and for two non-profits, I am easily bored. Guess I am a little ADHD in that I need to have my mind constantly engaged.

3. Avoidance of housework: I hate housework. I would love to live in an immaculate home that would happily grace the pages of Southern Living, but I just can't stand to clean it. And I can't afford to hire it done at the moment. And the two princes that live here with me don't see a need for any clean up process. So, it overwhelms me and never gets done.

I did have a couple of minor bursts of energy today. I gathered garbage from around my room to be taken out - and washed three loads of clothes. No much, but on days like this, you take what you can get.

3 comments:

Twisted Lisa said...

maybe this blog will make you feel better about your breakup...
Valmara

Legal Diva said...

I found you from Lisa... I'm in law school too. And do you have twins? I thought I read that somewhere. I have 5 kids- including my twins that will be turning 8 tomorrow. Its non-stop thats for sure.

Sorry about the breakup. Someday when you are a kick-ass lawyer, he will be sorry he was such a jackass.

red_queen said...

Thanks Legal Diva. Yes - Princes 2 and 3 are identical twins, now 19 years old - and difficult to boot.

If you own Blackacre, what happened to Able, Baker and Charlie?